The Shufeldt Consulting Team has helped emergency departments, urgent care centers, 638 hospitals and physician offices improve quality and patient safety. Shufeldt Consulting focuses on efficiency, patient satisfaction, revenue cycle management and MCO contracting, and employee engagement. Our team of highly talented professionals works closely with you to ensure that you achieve your goals.
Shufeldt Consulting will customize our services to your needs. Our trained staff can provide the expertise you need to increase patient flow and operational efficiencies through concise review of your existing organization and structure.
For example, Shufeldt Consulting can help you in the following areas:
Starting a medical business
– When starting a medical-related business, it is important to ensure that all standard business processes are followed and implemented. Our goal at Shufeldt Consulting is to help you work through all of the business and legal requirements that you will face as you start your business. Our team works with hundreds of medical related practices, and we know how to help you through the start-up process one step at a time.
Selling your urgent care or medical practice
– Whether you are out raising capital from private equity firms or want to position your center for sale, our team of seasoned professionals can assist you and help attract the best firms at the best terms.
– Cash is the lifeblood of every business. We help maximize your cash flow by evaluating your revenue cycle management, improving your collections, and appropriately increasing your net revenue per patient by showing you how to appropriately code and bill for the services provided.
Compliance plan review
Acquisition analysis for private equity firms
Electronic Medical Records and Practice Management Program analysis
Policy and procedure for optimum efficiency and throughput
– Solid policies and procedures form the foundation of every successful medical practice. We will guide you through the development, or review and refinement of your center’s policies and procedures.
Reduce your medical malpractice risk
– By effectively documenting encounters, identifying “at-risk” patients, comprehensively pre-screening new staff and educating current staff and providers, we can help you lower your malpractice risk. Our methodologies help you plan ahead to avoid medical and customer service misadventures.
– An intensive Peer Review program is also available for multi-site locations. We can provide guidance and direction for setting up your own program or monitoring existing programs.
Health plan contract review
– Health plans don’t offer providers their best available rates or contracts on the initial pass. Many providers fail to realize that health plans are willing to negotiate prices. In fact, it is imperative to thoroughly analyze and negotiate your contract prior to signing. We will guide you through the often intimidating process of contract review and negotiation.
Proposed new site analysis
– We also have an extensive list of preferred vendors to help with marketing, website development, supply purchasing and other needs.